The Coordination Center International City
The Coordination Center International City was newly established in 2013 to coordinate the wide variety of activities for the implementation of the concept "Ulm: An International City" and to contribute to the further development of the concept.
Under the responsibility of the Mayor of the City of Ulm, it exercises influence on the key sectors that affect peaceful coexistence within the diversified urban community. In order to fulfill this task, the Coordination Center operates as a cross-sectional task center in close cooperation with the specialized departments of the city government and in collaboration with key figures in society, organizations and institutions in the city.
The Coordination Center has the following tasks:
- Positioning, coordination, and control of Ulm as an international city inside and outside the administration
- Support intercultural opening processes in the city
- Networking with the parties involved
- Promote equal participation of the immigrant population in social and socio-political life
- Support all measures, which promote social solidarity in the urban community
- Public relations work